[mythtv-users] Slingbox functionality

Josh Mastronarde jmastron at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 01:11:34 UTC 2007

On 7/19/07, Nick F <nikos.f at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/19/07, David Frascone <dave at frascone.com> wrote:
> >
> > I don't get audio with the mythweb thingie.
> >
> > And -- this doesn't work with liveTV, does it?
>

> To get liveTV - I (from my hotel room) - select the (live) programme and
> tell it to record it, then go to the 'recorded shows' page and select the
> (still recording show).  It appears to be able to stream it while it's
> recording.  (This is SVN trunk obviously).  The 4:3 squishy thing isn't
> great - but I use it for news and sports and it beats not having anyway to
> do it.  A 'killer application' for MythTV - kudos to Chris and the others.

Does the upcoming Mythweb solution allow seeking the stream that's playing?
I've been looking for a clean solution to act like video-on-demand
(transcode on the fly, but allow seeking to any point), and VLC (which is
used by MythstreamTV) doesn't fully support that functionality within the
video player itself.  MythstreamTV comes close by using a separate web page
and on-the-server HTTP commands to cause the VLC process to seek, but it's a
bit clunky and slow to transition.  I'd love to find a great high-WAF
solution for this.

Thanks,

Josh