[mythtv-users] [slightly OT] HDTV cpu

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 10:38:34 UTC 2007

On 7/17/07, David George <david at thegeorges.us> wrote:
> On 07/17/2007 12:12 AM, Matthew Asplund wrote:
> >
> > Has anybody used on the the Geforce 7050PV boards?  I was looking at
> > the 6150 boards because I want integrated VGA, microATX, NVidia, and
> > DVI/HDMI output.  Can anybody confirm if the HDMI works with the
> > NVidia driver?  I also have heard that there are problems with the OSD
> > with newer Nvidia cards.  Does the 7050PV work correctly under
> > Mythtv?  If so, this motherboard with the new AMD BE-2350 seems to be
> > a killer combination.
>
> Yes, the Geforce 7050PV boards work great.  I have the Biostar TF7050-M2
> using HDMI to my 37" 1080p LCD.  You will need to use the latest nVidia
> drivers 100.14.11 (I think).  I don't have audio working over the HDMI
> connector, but I haven't really spent any time on that yet.  I am using
> mythtv .20 fixes from atrpms on Fedora Core 6, not that it matters.  The
> 7050PV board I have only has VGA and HDMI, while the 6150 boards I have
> include a VGA and DVI-D connector.
>
> I don't have any problems with OSD.  I am using blootubelite-wide and
> blootube-osd.

audio over the hdmi does not work yet with the linux drivers (and from
what I understand the windows drivers don't support this either yet).
so wait till the next driver changelog shows support was added.

good to hear the board works well for you, now more incentive to buy a couple =)

have you tried overclocking on it? I hear that board is great for overclocking.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!