[mythtv-users] Fwd: hello, asking for your help to solve my problem about lirc

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 05:35:29 UTC 2007

obviously not for me. fwding to mythtv

Subject: hello, asking for your help to solve my problem about lirc
Date: Mon July 16 2007 10:26 pm
From: Xi Jiarong <XiJiarong at sp.edu.sg>
To: bradallenfuller at yahoo.com

Hi, Dear bradallenfuller
Sorry to interrupt with you for a while, I got some problems about lirc ,
hope to get your help about this aspect.
I tried to use catch each pressed button code for lirc remote control, so
as to use for some external application.
Now, I put lirc_client.c into folder /user/include/lirc/, and modify
irexec.c.
but I found when I ran my this program always got the following errors:
"
irexec: could not connect to socket
irexec: No such file or directory
"
It seems there are some problems about lirc_init();
Moreover, I have used #chmod 777 /dev/lircd;
In fact, I can use this lirc driver for mythtv and used this remote control
properlly, but got the abover problem when trying for external application.
Hope to get your help for solving this problem:)
Any suggestion would be welcome!

Jerry