[mythtv-users] CielPlus Sky Digibox (UK) Addon decoder card.

Alan Hourihane alanh at fairlite.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 13 18:45:13 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 17:02 +0100, Cielplus wrote:
> Some time ago a few of you were discussing the prospect of getting
> Cielplus working with MythTV and if you could lay your hands on a card
> and SKY box.
>

> Well we are prepared to help out!
>

> We have a working unit and card here and some sample C++ code we use
> for the product to work with TSReader which in the right hands we are
> confident will open SKY to MythTV.
>

> We await your reply,

The easiest way to do this is to write a kernel driver that
exports /dev/video* similar to the way the PVRx50 cards do it so that an
MPEG stream is pulled straight into MythTV. MythTV shouldn't require any
modifications (or very few) for this to work.

The EPG would probably require some extra effort, but at least the TV
input should be pretty straight forward.

If you have sample code available that's a good start at an
implementation.

Alan.