[mythtv-users] Best IR usb Tx & Rx

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Fri Jul 13 17:27:33 UTC 2007

With my myth box pretty stable, I'm now looking at adding remote control
capability.  Although I have a great Slink-e IR TxRx on my windows server
with Girder, there seems to be no way to tie this to my Myth system.

So, does anyone have a recommendation for the best usb based IR transmitted
and receiver?  Ideally something generic (so it can handle a wide range of
remote codes and frequencies)..

I'm handy with electronics so I've thought of building a simple one...but if
I had to buy a USB interface chip and connector I'd probably match the price
of some Chinese made IR TxRx....

Thanks
-MD-