[mythtv-users] TiVo-like program guide

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 11 23:20:48 UTC 2007

On 07/11/2007 06:46 PM, Jay Mallar wrote:

> On 07/11/2007, mtdean at thirdcontact wrote: *
>>
>> On 07/11/2007 10:39 AM, Jay Mallar wrote:
>>
>>> Discovery Channel, HBO... sometimes I'm not looking for something
>>> in particular, but I know I watch a lot of what those channels
>>> put out, and often like to see what's coming up that I might be
>>> interested in recording.
>>
>> Sounds like a perfect reason to implement Chris Petersen's
>> long-sought-after multiple named favorites lists with easy list
>> switching. :)
>
> Believe it or not, haven't heard about it.  Got a link to a wish-list
> item or something?

More just something I've heard him discussing.  Every used a DISH
network receiver?  It allows creation of more than one list of
favorites, so you can create "Science," "Locals," "All Channels," ...
and easily switch between which are visible in the EPG and which are
used for channel switching/browsing.  Chris hangs out on IRC, so you
could probably even ask him about it.

>> If you do implement the vertical guide, you may want to talk to
>> Justin Hornsby about doing so in a way that's "best" for theme
>> developers.
>
> Yah, I had planned, if I ever get around to doing the code, to make
> it themable as well.  Is Justin the keeper of the themes?

Yep.  Also on IRC.

Mike