[mythtv-users] Best Remote?

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Wed Jul 11 00:55:18 UTC 2007

> I have an IR keyboard and a $25 8in1 learning remote from Radio
> Shack.  It's
> not quite perfect, but it works well for what it is.  I also recently
> bought
> an X10 iconremote, and it works fairly well.  My only complaint is a
> slight
> lag between pressing the button and the signal actually being
> sent.  Overall
> though I would say it was worth the $80 I paid for it.  I can program up
> 27 commands in the soft buttons plus it has tons of hard buttons.  Very
> convenient.
>
> Jake

I guess I either wanted some better profile for my 880 -- or pointers to a
well-supported remote in lirc.  For some reason, I've had a hard time
finding a settings profile (outside of the hauppage 350) that works well
with lirc.  And -- the hauppage profile doesn't have many extra keys.

-Dave

--
David Frascone

Oxymoron: Safe Sex.