[mythtv-users] Transcoding filters

Alf mel alf at mypals.org
Tue Jul 10 03:00:55 UTC 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 08:25:39 pm Brian Wood wrote:
> If it's  just a few episodes you might look into "alternative methods"
> of acquiring them, up to including just plain buying them. It all
> depends on whether time or money is more important to you.

I'm apparently not being very clear.  I am a new user.  I have spent time
and found the best filter combination for my different channels.  My *new*
recordings are fine.  Now that I know the filter settings I need to
optimize my storage/video quality, I want to apply them to old recordings I
made *before* I optimized my settings.  These episodes (actually, 20 of
them) were recorded using the *default* settings (RTjpeg).  I tried using
the "filters" entry in the Transcode settings, but the filters are not
being applied.

My questions:

1. Does the "filters" setting for transcoding work?

2. If they don't, how else can I filter the video?

--
@ - Alf