[mythtv-users] commercials

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jul 8 11:58:11 UTC 2007

Phill Edwards wrote:
>> Could someone please explain to me, in simple language, how commercials
>> are recognised by Mythtv. I am interested because I recently had a
>> problem with sound on a DVD, which I had burned from a broadcast and
>> which I had edited to remove the commercials. When the same broadcast
>> was burned to a DVD without removing the commercials the sound was
>> perfect.
>
> Was it a DVB broadcast? Was the problem with the sound that it was out
> of sync? If so, try editing the commercials out with ProjectX as
> that's about the only program which will ensure audio/video sync after
> editing.

Good point. I had just assumed the "problem" was something more drastic
than out-of-sync, and we all know what "assume" means.

I agree that anybody doing any editing should have projectX around but,
being a a java app, it takes a fairly decent box to run it well, and
it's probably best to run it on separate machine from your Myth box,
unless the Myth box is very fast.

BEWW