[mythtv-users] Any way to pay?

Carl Reynolds mythtv-users at hyperbole-software.com
Thu Jul 5 17:39:06 UTC 2007

Tim Schall wrote:
> Hi Carl:
>
 > <snip...>
>
> One station down, how many are left?
>
> Tim

Thanks Tim,

That was very informative. I think your last statement high lights the
problem we are having. It's my understanding that there about 6800
stations in the US and from what I gather, this will still not help us
with the dozen or so Cable and Satellite providers that each have a
different schedule covering each region. Also did I understand you
correctly that this is only for digital feeds? How would we get the
program info for analog feeds?

While it's good to know that you want to help, and we may need to
re-visit this method in the future, I hope there is a more centralized
way of getting this information to all the US users. Using the program
feed from each provider directly in MythTV would get to be a bit of a
maintenance nightmare.

I'm not sure, but I think the best way to use this information would be
to feed all the individual providers' information into a central server
and re-distribute it from there in a standardized format. That would
require having a staff to maintain the server and keep the data flowing
through it, much the way that TMS was doing.

Thanks for helping me get a better understand of what's happening with PSIP.

Carl.