[mythtv-users] mythmusic alternatives

Gianpaolo Racca gianpaolo.racca at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 13:37:44 UTC 2007

First of all, I do not want to be polemic. I appreciate the efforts any
software requires to be written and tested, so don't tell me "build our own
tool and be happy".
Now the question:
Any of you is using some alternative to mythmusic to play music from tv?
I mean, there is some software which can:
- play music
- manage (dynamic) playlists
- support podcasts
- support internet radio
and which can be used on a normal PAL TV screen, in conjunction with mythtv
and controlled via remote?
On my laptop I use amarok, which does well all these things, but is unusable
via TV screen. Maybe someone will write a TV frontend for amarok?

and BTW, can I setup a remote button to switch between applications (like
ALT+TAB) and set focus on a specific one?

Thanks for any hint,

	gianpaolo

--
"Solo sangue e non magia."   Afterhours