[mythtv-users] HIPER HMC-2K53A as MythTv Frontend?

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Jul 3 13:34:31 UTC 2007

On 06/27/2007 05:12 PM, Dave Walker wrote:
> I have been working on trying to get this working with Linux.  I added
> some scratchings to the wiki here:
> 	http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hiper_HMC-2K53A

Thanks.  I modified the entry I created on the barebones page (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Bare_Bones_System ) to point to
your page seeing as how I never got around to creating the page myself.

> The button events seem to be sorted but the VFD will require drivers.  I
> have attempted to reverse engineer the protocol for the VFD and it seems
> fairly sane.
>
> The main problem encountered at this stage is of the
> implementation/kernel bug that is represented by the broken port 3 of
> the hub within the VFD display.
>
>  --> hub 4-8:1.0: Cannot enable port 3.  Maybe the USB cable is bad?
>
> I have been trying to fix this at kernel level, but have had little
> success.

I was looking into this as well until my machine died.  Hopefully, I
will be receiving my replacement soon.  Once I receive it I will try
with kernel 2.6.22 which will probably be released by the time I receive
my replacement and if the problem still exists, I should be able to
track it down.

--
David