[mythtv-users] Questions on mythTV, DVB-C hardware, Dolby Digital 5.1 in Germany

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 16:19:50 UTC 2007

> 1) The DBV-C card could be a "Hauppauge WinTV PVR-350", I think. It seems to
> work with mythTV. Is that correct?

That is not a DVB card, it only works with analog TV.

> 2) What I cannot clear is, if this card has a slot (the "CI") for the
> CAM-module for my KDG smartcard.
> Can anybody help and give me some information on this? What CAM do I exactly
> need to handle the Nagravision encryption of KDG? The smartcard from KDG
> shows a sign "K-09" which shall tell something about the kind of encryption,
> but I am also unfamiliar with this.

No slot because of analog....
You might want to ask for a good card for Kabel Deutschland on the
german forum http://de.mythtvtalk.com/forum/index.php or look in the
german wiki http://www.mythwiki.de/index.php

There might be some way of using the settop box and an IR blaster but
I have no further clue about that.

> 4) What do I exactly need to bring DD 5.1 digital audio signals from the
> mythTV client to my AV receiver?
> Right now, I have got a settop box from KDG. On the audio site, it is
> connected via a chinch-adapter to my AV receiver and this works perfect for
> DD 5.1. But please help: what kind of sound card do I need in my client
> system???

I wish I knew but I'm sure it is an old question. You can search this
list comfortably on
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/ for that.

Have fun!