[mythtv-users] Issue playing DVD ISOs using PVR-350 TV-out audio

Luke McKee hojuruku at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 23:03:21 UTC 2007

Nudge nudge.

I just made a post to the list about using mencoder to convert the ac3 from
a dvd's audio track to mp2 then it plays out fine on the pvr-350 so  it can
play OK. You can use this as a custom job to make DVB recordings IVTV-tv out
friendly too.

Are you saying in your post that mythtv checks the recording source and if
recording source =! pvr cardid then don't allow playback through the
/dev/video16 interface? It should check there stream. Is there a Database
hack we can do to fix this assuming my assumption is correct, because i'm
having trouble making it stop using XV.

Also with the PVR-350 video output driver (the one that may get dumped),
does it work when you are running the Xserver through framebuffer (and what
seems to be locked /dev/video48) on the same port? I.e. can you switch from
menu's to playing video all on the one physical output.

I  had a grumble too about the X-server using up all available CPU. What's
the most recent status of SVN for the ivtvdev xserver module, I've noticed
there has been some work recently on it.