[mythtv-users] Mytharchive only creating ISO's suitable for CDROM and not for DVD

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 14:45:55 UTC 2007

On 1/30/07, Koen Van Impe <koen.vanimpe at belnet.be> wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
> > On 1/29/07, Koen Van Impe <koen.vanimpe at belnet.be> wrote:
> [...]
> >> After a recent package-upgrade whenever I want to create a DVD from
> >> mytharchive it creates ISO-files that range in size between 500 to 600
> >> MB. It seems like it has a "limit" of CD-ROM size iso's, everything
> >> worked perfectly before. I can not figure out what package seems to be
> >> wrong or where/how I can repair things.
> >>
> [...]
> >> 2007-01-29 08:07:55 Video resolution is 480 by 480
> >
> > This is your first problem. Because your video resolution is not DVD
> > compliant your videos will be resized to a video compliant resolution.
> > For ntsc you need to change that to 720x480 or 704x480. For PAL I am
> > not sure. You change this in the following menu of mythfrontend:
> > utilities/setup-> Setup -> TV Settings -> Recording profile -> MPEG2
> > Encoders -> Default. Then press next.
> >

> Well .. it has always been like that so this would not be the cause of
> the problem. Thanks for the notice though.

If you recorded at dvd resolution the time to make a  dvd in
mytharchive would be significantly less. I changed mine and my dvd
creation times went from ~1 hour for a 1 hour show to less than 15
minutes for the same show and the quality of the dvd is noticably
better. I am using a hauppage 250 and a hauppage 500.

John