[mythtv-users] Mytharchive only creating ISO's suitable for CDROM and not for DVD

Koen Van Impe koen.vanimpe at belnet.be
Tue Jan 30 12:54:28 UTC 2007

John Drescher wrote:
> On 1/29/07, Koen Van Impe <koen.vanimpe at belnet.be> wrote:
[...]
>> After a recent package-upgrade whenever I want to create a DVD from
>> mytharchive it creates ISO-files that range in size between 500 to 600
>> MB. It seems like it has a "limit" of CD-ROM size iso's, everything
>> worked perfectly before. I can not figure out what package seems to be
>> wrong or where/how I can repair things.

[...]
>> 2007-01-29 08:07:55 Video resolution is 480 by 480
>
> This is your first problem. Because your video resolution is not DVD
> compliant your videos will be resized to a video compliant resolution.
> For ntsc you need to change that to 720x480 or 704x480. For PAL I am
> not sure. You change this in the following menu of mythfrontend:
> utilities/setup-> Setup -> TV Settings -> Recording profile -> MPEG2
> Encoders -> Default. Then press next.

Well .. it has always been like that so this would not be the cause of
the problem. Thanks for the notice though.

[...]

>> 2007-01-29 08:24:53 ffmpeg -v 1 -i
>> "/mnt/store/mytharchive/work/1/newfile.mpg" -r pal -target dvd -b 4771
>> -s 720x576 -acodec ac3 -ab 192 -ac 2 -copyts -aspect 4:3
>> "/mnt/store/mytharchive/work/1/newfile2.mpg" -map 0:0 -map 0:1
>
> I believe this the second problem. Because your video is not  the
> proper resolution it needs to be scaled to a proper resolution with
> ffmpeg. The problem here is that at some point the ffmpeg devs decided
> to change the -b paramater to = bits per second instead of kilibits
> per second so with newer versions of ffmpeg you run into this problem.
> I believe the fix is to edit the
> /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py file and fix it so
> that the call above states -b in kilobits.

I've tried running the ffmpeg command on its own with -b '4885504' and
that seems to be working. The change in fact is in
/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/encoder_profiles/ffmpeg_dvd_pal.xml

Thanks for your response!

Koen