[mythtv-users] Please shut up!

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Jan 29 20:07:05 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 11:50 -0800, devsk wrote:
> I think fundamental reason for so much traffic is that there is no
> official good forum based central place for people to go to get some
> help. I can see if there was an official forum on mythtv.org, it would
> result in lot of network bandwidth saved for so many people.

NO.  Forums is not the answer -- I want to continue to be interrupt
driven -- polling is inefficient and ineffective.  Going to topic
specific areas of help and not inundating the mythtv crowd with
completely off topic questions like "how do I ssh to a linux
box" (whether it is a mythtv box or not) is the right solution.

I agree with everything Yeechang said.

b.

Brian J. Murrell