[mythtv-users] Backend Watchdog??

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Jan 29 18:52:14 UTC 2007

> Sorry it doesn't answer your directly, but ...
>
> Following my original post I have tried various of the options and settled
> on monit which (with hindisght) I realise is well documented for myth at
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/StatusMonitoringHowTo or generally at
> http://www.tildeslash.com/monit/
>
> It seems a much more flexible solution to the problem and is still farily
> easy to set up.
>
> Thanks again to all who have posted this and other suggestions.
> cheers,
> Dave
>
> _____

Dave,

I gave monit a shot and it passed my initial test quite well. Took a few
tries to massage things, but once I had it running I killed the backend
and is restarted it. Notifying me with an email was a definite plus!
With email I'll have an idea of how often this is really happening.

So far the only thing that doesn't seem to work is the monit web page.
All I get is a blank screen. The port is open and definitely responding,
but it's blank.

Thanks!
James