[mythtv-users] Backend Watchdog??

dave at theansells.com dave at theansells.com
Mon Jan 29 16:20:39 UTC 2007

> On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 15:39 +0100, wouter lists wrote:
>> add this to your inittab:
>> mtbe:2345:respawn:/usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --logfile
>> /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log --pidfile /var/run/mythbackend.pid
> It came up on boot ok, but as a test I killed the backend and it did not
> respawn. :-(

Sorry it doesn't answer your directly, but ...

Following my original post I have tried various of the options and settled
on monit which (with hindisght) I realise is well documented for myth at
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/StatusMonitoringHowTo or generally at

It seems a much more flexible solution to the problem and is still farily
easy to set up.

Thanks again to all who have posted this and other suggestions.