[mythtv-users] Please shut up!

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 16:22:30 UTC 2007

On 1/29/07, Rod Smith <mythtv at rodsbooks.com> wrote:
> On Monday 29 January 2007 09:34, Steven Adeff wrote:
> >
> > As for version'ing the wiki, and a note about this *should* exist on
> > the home page, it is assumed on the wiki that unless the text says
> > otherwise the information pertains to the currently released version.
> > If upon the release of a new version the information becomes outdated
> > it should be changed as soon as it is noticed, with the old
> > information being dated to the previous release (so when 0.21 comes
> > out, the information would say it pertains to 0.20).
>
> That's a very labor-intensive proposition. Do YOU want to go through a flag
> EVERY wiki entry the day a new version of MythTV is released? (Remember
> you'll have to check edit dates, too, just in case somebody's rushed in with
> some brand-new information before you get around to checking an entry.) Short
> of a coordinated effort to do this immediately, it won't get done. IMHO, the
> idea of version-flagging every wiki entry as its made makes far more sense.
> Ideally this would be part of the submission process, but I have no idea if
> the wiki software supports such a thing.

I believe you did not quote the text you believe or wanted to quote.

I'm not saying we should flag every wiki page. Just place a note on
the wiki home page. Add notes to pages for information pertaining to
older versions of Myth and let the information not noted be assumed
current, or un-updated. Flagging pages for current methodologies does
nothing to help maintenance.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!