[mythtv-users] OT: Please shut up!

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Mon Jan 29 13:44:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, January 29, 2007 14:32, Edward Coffey wrote:
> Hi, I'm a newbie. Unlike Yeechang, I didn't get my MythTV box working
> perfectly within a few days; it took a couple of weeks, on and off,
> and three questions to the mailing list before I got suspend-to-RAM
> and XvMC working, and it still crashes occasionally for reasons I've
> yet to fully investigate. I haven't even started to look at getting a
> grabber script running - at some point I'll probably ask another
> newbie question like "Where's the best TV-guide source and grabber for
> Australia?"
<SNIP>
> Once again, I'm a newbie, and know little of the MythTV user community
> - I'm trying to make a helpful suggestion, not tread on anyone's toes.
>
> Ed.

Very eloquent! Nicely put, and 100% correct as far as I'm concerned...

I would appreciate though if we can now leave this topic, as it is getting
to be a big enough OT-thread to become an OT-distraction...

(Which fact (ie being OT), as a side-note, the OP did NOT put in the
subject line... An oversight (I am sure) I just corrected in this
reply...)  :-D

--
F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250