[mythtv-users] Ubuntu Question

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 11:33:51 UTC 2007

On 1/28/07, Rob Ogle <rogle at css1.cc> wrote:
> Ok gang...I'm about to try my first installation. I've decided to go with
> Ubuntu Edgy.
>
> My plan is to start by building a FE/BE system, then at a later point add
> some FE boxes.
> I don't plan to use the box for anything else.
>
> My question is...should I go with the server installation or the workstation
> installation?

I recently did a server install and all was good the only real issue I
had was forgetting to install my video card driver (NVIDIA).... as
usual this caused major headeaches and ubuntu didn't handle the
lacking driver very well, no default, Windows at least has some kind
of default driver...

Anyway this was agreat help:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV_Edgy_hardware

And if your an SVN user so was this: