[mythtv-users] Ask for help about MythTV and PVR card

Jarod Wilson lists at wilsonet.com
Mon Jan 29 05:19:04 UTC 2007

On Jan 28, 2007, at 23:09, Xi Jiarong wrote:

> Hello. This is gandolf user. I just start my study on MythTV.
> We want to build the MythTV enviroment for one project.
> I have installed the operating system: MythDora on my PC, and
> MythTV has been installed inside this version OS.
> Now, according to my check and we want to buy Hauppauge PVR 150,
> but I still have some puzzled problems to ask and some for
> confirmation :
> (1)Could this Hauppauge PVR 150 card run properlly under MythDora
> system?
Yes.
> (2)where to find and download the linux driver of Hauppauge PVR 150
> card?
Its included with MythDora, should already be on your system. (/sbin/
modinfo ivtv)
> (3) As for the remote control, would this remote control be
> attached with the PVR 150 card when purchased?or it should be
> purchased single? Where and how to install the corresponding driver
> for this remote control to run on MythDoran with MythTV.
There are PVR-150 packages that come with remotes and IR interfaces.
One variant, the IR module plugs into the PVR-150, the other, the IR
module is USB. In my experience, the USB one (as well as the remote
it comes with) is far better.
> (4)why most people don't use MythDora to use MythTV, but install
> MythTV on Fedora?
> Many thanks for you:)
Ultimately, they're the same thing. If a certain someone (me) finally
gets off their ass and does a number of things they've been meaning
to do for some time to help out the MythDora project, more and more
people may start using MythDora as their base... :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com