[mythtv-users] Mythtv and AC3 - Recommended Optical Audio PCI Card?

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Sun Jan 28 03:27:15 UTC 2007

I'm looking to add AC3 audio output capability to one of my MythTV FE's
and feed the AC3 audio to my receiver.  This is the last hurdle that is
preventing me from pulling the standalone DVD player out of my
entertainment center (besides, I am completely tired of having to
replace them every 6-8 months because we literally wear it out).

I realize 5.1 AC3 audio out from a Linux box is a little bit of a black
art, but I'd like to start with a audio card that is actually supported
under linux.  I just don't know where to start...  Ideas/Suggestions are
more than welcome!

-Rich