Edward Coffey edward.coffey at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 21:39:51 UTC 2007

> This should be pretty self explanatory is you're a C coder, but I guess
> isn't much use if you don't want to modify the source.

Thanks again Leighton. As luck would have it I am a software
developer, but I'm so close to finishing this box that I don't really
want to install all the MythTV sources and all the related
dependencies then work out the exact configuration options I need to
build it from scratch just to fix this one little issue - so I worked
out this ugly hack:

The backend expects to be restarted between shutdowns of the system,
so that's exactly what I do - prefix the suspend-to-ram command with
"/etc/init.d/mythtv-backend restart ; "

It doesn't seem to slow down the shutdown process much, and the
backend gets restarted between system shutdowns just like it expects
to.

Ed.