[mythtv-users] CAM support - not init after suspend

F Peeters (MythTV) francesco at fampeeters.com
Fri Jan 26 13:08:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, January 26, 2007 00:26, chrispazz at hotmail.com wrote:
> Andy and Stroller:
> I cannot understand if dvb_ca is a dvb_core subsection or is a kernel
> driver. Unloading dvb_core is not resolving the issue.
> I have the problem also shutting down the pc and restarting it and not
> only with suspend so it seems that the only way to let mythtv to recognize
> and initialize the cam is inserting it while PC is powered on.
> The solution would be to repeat the same actions that kernel or some
> modules do when it is triggered by cam insertion. But what send this
> trigger (so to generate it manually)?

You could try restarting the PCMCIA or USB subsystem (depending on the
connection type), which should cause the system to act as if it was just
plugged in...

F Peeters
  PC-Chips M863G Geode - NVidia 440 - Hauppauge PVR250
  Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy Eft) - XFCE - MythTV 0.20 - Xine
  Panasonic NV-VHD1 VCR/DVD player case modded to fit it all in...