[mythtv-users] Mythbackend Segfault on Delete SOLVED!!

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Jan 26 12:38:14 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 08:51:57PM -0800, casey dunn wrote:
> On 1/24/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> > It doesn't matter to yum, whether the enabling is temporary (through
> > --enablerepo) or steady, yum install <regex> will not update the
> > <regex>'s dependencies.
> >
> > So if foo was built against bar and both get an update, yum upgrade
> > *foo* will not pull in bar.
> >
> > Iff yum would have something like yum upgraderecursive blah, then that
> > would be a different story, e.g. a yum upgraderecursive mythtv-suite
> > would be enough, no myth*, *myth* etc trickery. But neither yum, nor
> > any other competitor has this ability (AFAIK, glad to be proven
> > wrong).
>
> This is where I get a little confused.  What keeps the above from
> workig but, allows 'meta' packages like myth-suite to work?

It doesn't work with mythtv-suite either. It only works the very first
time when the dependencies are not present at all on your system. Then
yum install mythtv-suite pulls in all that is missing. But subsequent
yum install/update mythtv-suite etc. will not update the dependencies,
yum will only check whether they are present.

There have been a coupld of bug report by people who wnated to upgrade
mythtv to see a fix from release-XX-fixes and were disappointed to not
see the fix. It turned out they thought yum install/update mythtv-suite
would do upgrade all components/dependencies, which it didn't.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net