[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashing with 'general protection rip'?

Andrew Leahy aleahy at knox.edu
Fri Jan 26 03:40:43 UTC 2007

There's nothing in its logs (though admittedly I don't have debugging
turned way up), but the following shows up in /var/log/messages:

anchises kernel: mythbackend[2874] general protection rip:3b5acab9c4
rsp:4a010b98 error:0

It's the same string of characters every time after the rip and rsp. The
oracle at google doesn't have much to say.  Any idea what is up here?  I
have an FC6 x86_64 system with the ATrpms distribution of mythtv.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Leahy