[mythtv-users] Cannot get EIT and picture data on same channel

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Jan 26 02:53:17 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 00:03 +0000, Robin Neatherway wrote:
> > > I am using DVB-C in the UK.

> In my case myth creates several (up to five) different multiplexes on
> each frequency, but I have now found if I pick the right one (haven't
> found out what makes it the right one) then I can both lock onto the
> channel to view it, and get EIT data. I'd love to know what things
> like sistandard mean in the channel table, and the difference between
> dvb and mpeg.

I can't answer the question about EIT in DVB countries,
this is Stuart Auchterlonie's area of expertise and he's
been pretty busy with a new job lately. But the sistandard
question I can answer. This tells MythTV how to tune. If
it is set to "dvb", MythTV uses the original network id and
the service id to tune and can collect EIT data. If it is
set to "mpeg" then the scanner did not find any valid DVB
channels, but found some MPEG streams. In this case it tunes
on the MPEG program number alone and MythTV can not collect
EIT data. The sistandard can also be "atsc" or "opencable",
those, along with "mpeg", are used for tuning in ATSC
countries; and similarly EIT data can only be collected
when this is set to "atsc".

As for creating five multiplexes that is a bug, I think
it has been fixed in SVN head, but I may be wrong.

-- Daniel