[mythtv-users] 5200 or 6200

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Thu Jan 25 13:49:58 UTC 2007

Hmmm, a large LCD with HD would be lovely :)

<rant>But not willing to
pay Sky for the HD privilege!</rant>

Some countries are very lucky very get HD for no additional cost.

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 13:15:44 +0000
Stroller <linux.luser at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> On 24 Jan 2007, at 19:08, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > Kirk Bocek wrote:
> >>
> >> Where'd you get yours, Jarod?
> >
> > Best Buy, actually. But a buddy here got the same thing from
> > Crutchfield.
> >
> > http://www.crutchfield.com/
> >
> > I'm not seeing the 37" model there at the moment, but they do have
> > the 42" 1080p version for $1499...
>
> Oh, how I wish we could get them for that price in the UK -
> Westinghouse don't seem to be available AT ALL here.
>
> The cheapest 1920 x 1080 TV in the UK at the moment is $1,970 (at
> the exchange rate of http://xe.com) and this manufacturer / model
> has quite a mixed reputation over quality-control. But any other 1920
> x 1080 will cost at least $600 more!
>
> Panels without tuners seem to be more expensive than panels with
> tuners built-in!! I figure this last is due to economies of
> production scale.
>
> Stroller.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.