[mythtv-users] 5200 or 6200

Stroller linux.luser at myrealbox.com
Thu Jan 25 13:15:44 UTC 2007

On 24 Jan 2007, at 19:08, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Kirk Bocek wrote:
>> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>> I've been very happy with my Westinghouse sets, and they were
>>> relatively cheap as well (sub-$1500US for the 37" 1080p set).
>>
>> Where'd you get yours, Jarod?
>
> Best Buy, actually. But a buddy here got the same thing from
> Crutchfield.
>
> http://www.crutchfield.com/
>
> I'm not seeing the 37" model there at the moment, but they do have the
> 42" 1080p version for $1499...

Oh, how I wish we could get them for that price in the UK -
Westinghouse don't seem to be available AT ALL here.

The cheapest 1920 x 1080 TV in the UK at the moment is $1,970 (at the
exchange rate of http://xe.com) and this manufacturer / model has
quite a mixed reputation over quality-control. But any other 1920 x
1080 will cost at least $600 more!

Panels without tuners seem to be more expensive than panels with
tuners built-in!! I figure this last is due to economies of
production scale.

Stroller.