[mythtv-users] OT: looking for a good ~21" HDTV

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 00:56:30 UTC 2007

On 1/24/07, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> Part of my parents remodel includes a new kitchen TV/computer monitor
> for my mom. We're looking for something in the 21" range that we can
> connect an HD cable box and/or a linux PC (myth, the web, recipes,
> etc).
>
> I'm hoping some of you have some recommendations to offer. We're not
> looking to spend too much money, but we don't want to skimp and buy a
> bad tv either.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> --

For about $450 my brother bought a nice Samsung LCD TV/Monitor.  It's
got a built in TV tuner that is nice for the occasional channel
flipping, and for the rest of the time, it's a very nice 21"
widescreen monitor.  I think Sony has one too, but after much
deliberation, we decided on the Samsung.  It's gorgeous!  I think he
picked it up from Circuit City on a sale, it was normally $580.

-Chad