[mythtv-users] ivtv says "application is not reading fast enough"

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Wed Jan 24 23:20:55 UTC 2007

It sounds like the same design flaw in myth that I and a few other
people have run into. The problem is they are trying to do a lot of
database inserts in the same thread that is reading data from the
encoder. If you don't mind compiling your own myth,
there's a patch attached to http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1660
that corrects it by offloading the database work to a separate thread.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571

Understatement of the century:
"Hello everybody out there using minix - I'm doing a (free) operating
 system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for
 386(486) AT clones"

	- Linus Torvalds, August 1991