[mythtv-users] ivtv says "application is not reading fast enough" (was 0.20 high cpu usage - suggestions?)

Victor Perez spectro at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 15:57:39 UTC 2007

Hello all, since I upgraded to Knoppmyth R5E50 (mythtv 0.20) and I am
getting choppiness and framedrops in recordings around the time a
simultaneous recording starts/ends. There seems to be an issue in Mythtv
0.20 that hoses the CPU to the point it forces ivtv to flush its buffers:

ivtv1: All encoder MPEG stream buffers are full. Dropping data.
ivtv1: Cause: the application is not reading fast enough.

The IVTV guys fixed an issue with the driver that may be part of the cause.
It works better but still have issues with it.