[mythtv-users] Adding extra Nove T cards

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 17:31:32 UTC 2007

On 24/01/07, Damian Surr <damian at gingermagic.com> wrote:
> As I've never even used freeview before (I'm in the UK), I feel like I'd
> rather buy one Nova T card to get it all up and running and add a second
> (so that I can watch one channel and record another .. that's what two
> cards is for right?).

You can watch LiveTV on one card and record on the other, or record
two separate channels at the same time, and watch one of the
in-progress recordings.

> If I do this, will Linux (Ubuntu) and Myth just work when I add a second
> card, or would it be much easier to set it all up with both cards initially?

As long as you get a supported capture card, it should be no trouble
to add a second (or third) card later on. You will need to add the
card to MythTV in mythtv-setup - add the card (capture cards) and then
connect it to the existing DVB video source you have setup for the
first card (input connections) and you should be up and running.

Nick
--
MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/