[mythtv-users] Grayed-out entries in recordings list

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Jan 24 03:50:22 UTC 2007

On Jan 23, 2007, at 7:42 PM, Michael LeMay wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I recently experienced massive corruption on a disk that I
> dedicated to mythtv recordings.  It is a 160GB SATA drive with an
> ext3 partition.  I believe that it was corrupted after mythtv
> crashed my system several times, forcing me to do hard resets each
> time.  (I have since determined that running Beryl on my 7600GT
> alongside myth is the cause of the crashes)  I was able to repair
> the corruption using fsck and recover many of the recordings, but
> some others were lost entirely, i.e. the .nuv files were deleted
> during the repair process.  The problem now is that I can't delete
> those recordings from my recordings list.  Their entries turn gray
> as I pass over them with the cursor, and they disappear when I
> delete them, but then they reappear in the list a few moments
> later.  Meanwhile, mythfrontend reports that the "recording file is
> missing" on the console an infinite number of times, until I quit
> mythfrontend.  Do any of you know how to recover from this sort of
> corruption?  Thank you!
>
> -- Michael

Sounds like you're using an older version of myth since this
shouldn't be a problem in .20+. The easiest solution is touch
<filename.nuv> for all the files that are missing then delete them
using the GUI. There may be a script that goes through your database
and finds orphaned files. I seem to remember something like that but
don't know for a fact that it actually does that. It might be the
reverse that I'm thinking of - putting back into the database any
orphaned files it finds in your recorded directory.