[mythtv-users] export to DVD failing...

Go Hskrs gohskrs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 03:01:30 UTC 2007

On 1/20/07, F Peeters (MythTV) <francesco at fampeeters.com> wrote:

> I have 2 movies that have been recorded from TV with a PVR250.
>
> Now I want to put them on a DVD, so my DD can watch them on her DVD player
> and I can flush them off my drive. (No, she doesn't have a myth frontend
> in her room!)
>
> So I selected the movies, went to export, selected DVD, selected the myth
> theme for the menu's and selected LP (4 hours on single layer DVD)
> profile.
>
> Because it us my first try, I opted to make an ISO, rather than burning
> directly to DVD, as my attempts with the mythburn tool on .19 were less
> than satisfactory (it tried to put 5 GB on a single layer DVD!)

Try removing the .ICEauthority file in the home directory of the mythtv
user, or whichever user is running mythfrontend/mytharchive.  (I usually run
mythfrontend as root when creating DVDs, to ensure I have highest-priority
access to my DVD drive and thus prevent buffer underruns and spoiled
DVD-Rs.  Don't know if that's recommended, but it works for me.)

Probably somewhere in your logs, you will see an error message that looks
like this:
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 27674, errno = 32

See
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?do=post_view;post=231079;list=mythtvfor
my earlier experiences with this problem.  Good luck.
--
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + Quaerite Prime Regnum Dei + + + + + +