[mythtv-users] OT: Seagate Warranty support *Warning*

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Jan 24 00:27:51 UTC 2007

John Drescher wrote:
>>> the replacement will last.
>>>
> Exactly. I have had RMAd items (monitor, hard drive) die only a few
> months after I got them back and by then the original warrantee ran
> out so we were out of luck.

OTOH I've had Planar replace a crappy, ugly 19" LCD with a really nice
21" LCD - refurb, but wtf.  Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

I've also had Seagate replace a 7200 RPM SCSI drive with a 15K Cheetah.

I've had far worse luck with paid repairs - usually it hasn't been worth
it to send something in for repair.

Anyway, enough b*tching about warranties - back to our regular scheduled
Myth programming.

:-)

--Yan