[mythtv-users] Backend Watchdog??

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 23:07:53 UTC 2007

> I was having a similar problem (although much more frequently) until last
> weekend when I discovered the file system I was using for my recordings
> (XFS) was not stable with my hardware. I switched to ext3 and everything
> works great now.

For the record, I'm also seeing stability issues with XFS on my gear (as
I've mentioned previously).  'course, I've been too lazy to switch over to
ext3, so for now, I'm just living with it (after moving bittorrent off the
box, I get lockups every few weeks, now, instead of nightly, which I can
live with).

Brett.