[mythtv-users] Backend Watchdog??

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Tue Jan 23 19:37:03 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenan Ezal" <sbmythtv at cox.net>
To: <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 5:47 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Backend Watchdog??

<<    My only issue is that the backend service occasionally dies for no
aparent reason.  This has been the case in every incarnation to date,
whatever I try.   It doesnt happen often, but enought to be annoying and
reduce WAF etc. >>

I was having a similar problem (although much more frequently) until last
weekend when I discovered the file system I was using for my recordings
(XFS) was not stable with my hardware. I switched to ext3 and everything
works great now. See:

Hope it helps.

-Kenan