[mythtv-users] mythdvd/video - Choppy audio

Craig Courtney craig at dawnsedge.com
Tue Jan 23 01:19:34 UTC 2007

I'm getting a strange audio problem when playing back perfect rips of
dvds.  I'm using mythtdvd to rip the movies and mythvideo to play
them back.  This happens for both PCM an AC3 passthrough.  The odd
part is if I fast-forward slightly then the chop ends and it plays
perfectly, even if I rewind to the beginning after that.

I am using the onboard audio of an ASUS M2NPV-VM using a stock 2.6.19
Fedora Core 6 install.  I am streaming the vob file off of another
Fedora Core 6 box using NFS version 3.

modprobe.conf
---------------------
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-hda-intel index=0 position_fix=1 model=3stack
remove snd-hda-intel { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1
|| : ; }; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-hda-intel

mythtv setup
-----------------
Output: ALSA:spdif
AC3 Passthough enabled: ALSA:iec958 { 0x258 }
Extra Audio Buffer: enabled
Aggresive Audio Buffer: disabled

fstab
------
wintermute:/mnt/video   /mnt/video              nfs
nfsvers=3,async,tcp,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft,intr     0 0

exports
mnt/video                     192.168.11.0/24(rw,async)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Craig