[mythtv-users] Upgrade to HDTV from SDTV Question, 1.5 year old system

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Mon Jan 22 22:35:33 UTC 2007

Phil -

I'm at work ATM, will try to find the links for you after I get home
tonight.  Steve is right, using the "UseEvents" option (with the 9xxx
driver) helps, and there are two settings to deselect in nvidia-settings.
In addition, use standard XvMC with Bob deinterlacing.

Bob

P.S.  I have noticed that with the 9xxx driver, clicking on the "Backend
Status" tab in Mythweb causes problems (crashes X!) that didn't occur with
the 8774 driver (verified by downgrading).  It could be that my system is
a one-off, but I have reported it as a bug.  I'd be curious if this
happens to anyone else.