[mythtv-users] first time compile? (alsa dts passthru)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 20:17:15 UTC 2007

On 21/01/07, Jon Boehm <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Nick,
> Thanks... I'm getting closer.  I used synaptic to install libdtsdev
> and libalsadev or something close to those names and I now have 'yes'
> next to those items.
> Ok, I have two more question about configure.
> 1) The only other option that I think might be nice to have is XvMC
> OpenGL sup.  What should I search for to obtain these dev packages?
> I looked of XvMC and I looked for OpenGL but didn't see any overlap.

To be honest, I'm not sure what else you need apart from a suitably
installed X installation (libXvMCW and xorg-x11-Mesa-libGL probably
necessary) and appropriate video card/driver supporting XvMC and/or
OpenGL. Currently, I don't think ATI cards have XvMC support either in
the closed-source fglrx driver or the OSS radeon driver.

> 2) What is bindings_perl exactly?  I have it turned on because it
> sound useful but I'm not exactly sure what it would do.

Although still early in its development, it should allow some control
of MythTV from the Perl environment.

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: