[mythtv-users] Is my proposed hardware okay?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 21 19:47:47 UTC 2007

On Jan 21, 2007, at 12:05 PM, Kirk Bocek wrote:

> I read somewhere recently that there are a variety of inexpensive
> fanless
> Nvidia 6600 cards available now. Can anyone confirm or comment on the
> usability of the 6600 with MythTV?

Should work fine, with some caveats as anything in life.

You didn't mention what interface you need, if it's AGP a 5200 might
even work better (chroma-key vs. overlay), but the bottom line is it
should be OK.

I was going to chastise you for not checking the WiKi under
"hardware" but the info there seems limited and somewhat out of date,
and a check of gossamer for "6600" brings up 17 pages of stuff.

Dang, another thing I should do when I get around to it, update the
WiKi on video cards :-)