[mythtv-users] Seperate video out with PVR-350?

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Sun Jan 21 12:36:38 UTC 2007

Create a simple wrapper script that dumps 'env' into a file. Start it
by hand, and by the service, and then 'diff' the two outputs to see
what is different ?

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 06:25:19 -0500
mythtv-users at jaredharvey.com wrote:

> Hello Dan and list,
>
> DW> I run it right after lircd in /etc/rc.d/rc.local:
>
> DW> /usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/dev/lircd
> DW> /usr/bin/irexec -d /root/.lircrc
>
> I've been trying a handful of things up this alley, but haven't gotten
> it  to auto start correctly. I can get it to start, but irexec doesn't
> respond  to  the commands from lirc when I auto start. When I do it by
> hand,  it  works,  but it's attached to a /dev/ptsX and not automatic.
> Here is my current attempt with /etc/rc.d/local
>
> /usr/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/dev/lircd
> /usr/bin/irexec -d /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc
>
> When  I  tried it this way, I had turned off the service lircd. I also
> tried  it with the lircd service turned on, and with the first line in
> rc.local  commented  out,  but  came  to the same results. I know both
> programs  started,  because  they  show up in the process list. I also
> tried the irexec line as /usr/bin/irexec /home/mythtv/.mythtv/lircrc &
> all had the same problem.
>
> I also tried it as an inittab entry with the following line in inittab
>
> ir:345:respawn:/usr/bin/irexec /home/mythtv/.lircrc
>
> My gut feel is that there is some kind of environment variable or some
> kind of a problem with the environment when irexec starts, but I don't
> know  what it might be. Perhaps I could write a script that sshes into
> localhost then starts it as a user? Not sure what the best approach
> is. I'm also not sure what the problem is.
>
> Quick  recap  of my system, P4 1.8GHz Dell Fedora Core 6, PVR-350, OEM
> PVR-350 remote and MythTV .20.
>
> Best regards.

>  mythtv-users at jaredharvey.com                        HAM KB1GTT
>
> e-mail jared at jaredharvey.com
> Web page http://jaredharvey.com

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.