[mythtv-users] Jerkey DVD playback

Peter pete at putzin.net
Sun Jan 21 04:52:35 UTC 2007

Rich West wrote:
> P S wrote:
>
>> On 1/20/07, stanley kamithi <skamithi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I experienced jerky dvd playback when I was playing with the chromakey OSD
>>> with XvMC or Xv . When I go back
>>> to a software blended OSD, playback is fine. I have a Nvidia 5200, Intel
>>> 2.4Ghz.

>> I noticed the same thing recently, I disabled opengl sync in the
>> playback settings.
>>
>> Abit NF7-S w/ Athlon XP 2600+, 512 MB ram, Nvidia FX 5200
>>
> On all three of my FE's, I have noticed the same issue.  It doesn't make
> it unwatchable, but it's as if the video is trying to 'catch up'.  Just
> a stutter here and there, most noticeable as the image pans (and this is
> on both 16:9 and 4:3 tv's).  Since my mythtv setup is so new, it is
> still on my list of things to investigate.
>
> -Rich

This sounds like exactly what I'm seeing. However, HD and SD live tv
plays back fine. One thing I did notice is that even though XvMC is
enabled, and the logs seem to indicate it's on, I get a color OSD, so I
pretty much assume something is wrong. I'm about to play with it now.
Maybe find something later this evening.