[mythtv-users] Recommendation for DVB card, please

Henrik Gammelmark mythtv at geemark.com
Sat Jan 20 21:21:25 UTC 2007

Hello all

A friend and myself are thinking of switching to DVB-C with MythTV
instead of the standard analogue tuners.
We have a few questions however:
- Which tuner should we choose, and why?
- Does all CAMs work with all tuner cards? (we realise that the type of
reader depends on the content provider)
- Does MythTV require anything from the card except valid drivers?

We have found a few candidates, but not sure what we are looking for,
and which to choose (if any of these at all):
- Technotrend Budget C-1500
- Technotrend Premium DVB-C 2300 Hybrid

We are based in Denmark, but thinking of ordering from the german
dvbshop.net, if geographic differences matters.

All suggestions and inputs are welcome. Thanks!

/ Henrik