[mythtv-users] OT: Help me upgrade my mythbox (Chris, Ribe)

Justin Luitjens luitjens at cs.utah.edu
Sat Jan 20 20:14:26 UTC 2007

Thanks again for your advice.

I don't need a DVD burner because my laptop already has one, also i'm
quite happy with my current case.

I've gone to newegg and picked a mobo that I felt would fit my needs now
and in the future.   The mobo has 3 PCI slots but also has 2 additional
PCI express 1x and 2 PCI express 16x slots which could be used for
future expansion.  In addition it has 2 pata ports allowing me to use my
3 hard drives and dvd drive.  I also considered this mobo  *ECS PF88
Extreme Hybrid (1.1) LGA 775 SiS 656 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135202>* but it
only had 1 PCI express 1x slot and was only $10 less after rebate.  Also
i'm more comfortable buying from NVidia.  Can you see any problems with
this hardware?  Also my power supply is a 450w Anantech, I think that
should be enough power for this configuration.  What do you think?

Once again, thanks a bunch for your advice.

	Product Description 	Savings 	Total Price

MSI NX7100GS-TD256E GeForce 7100GS 256MB GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Low
Profile Video Card - Retail
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814127242>
Item #: N82E16814127242
<http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/ReturnPolicy.asp#1>

	$54.99

Patriot Signature Series 512MB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300)
System Memory Model PSD251266781H - Retail
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820220069>
Item #: N82E16820220069

	$54.99

ECS NFORCE 570 SLIT-A (V5.1) LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI ATX Intel
Motherboard - Retail
<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813135026>
Item #: N82E16813135026

	$20.00 Mail-in Rebate
<http://images10.newegg.com/UploadFilesForNewegg/rebate/SH/ECS21MIRsJan15Jan3107Ky15.pdf>
	$94.99

Intel Celeron D 352 Cedar Mill 3.2GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80552352
- Retail <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819112211>
Item #: N82E16819112211

	$58.99

The total cost with shipping is:  $272.97 - $20 rebate = $252.97