[mythtv-users] Silent Power SUpplies

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 20:04:04 UTC 2007

On 1/16/07, Jon Boehm <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> [...]

I have a zalmann CNPS7700 which is virtually silent (and cools my
3200+ overclocked 25% without a change in volume!). My Antec power
supply is virtually silent as well. It's my damn case fans that are
noisy!! I really need to spend money on some quieter ones. I also
notice the 6 drives in my case don't make all that much noise between
being on or being in "standby", I'm lucky though, the SilverstoneTek
case I have doesn't let them rattle anything.

I'd say find the source of *your* specific noise and account for it.
If your building a new system then I'd recommend weighing the
difference in cost for a fanless setup vs. a low-noise fan setup to
see which is best for you, do you need it completely silent, or is a
little noise ok?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!