[mythtv-users] Is there an analog/HD tuner out there?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 18:15:33 UTC 2007

On 19/01/07, Pete Stagman <tyrstag at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hauppauge has a new card. The WinTV-HVR-1600 it has both an ATSC and NTSC
> tuner.
> It looks to me lika a pvr-250 with an atsc tuner added on.

See my reply earlier in the thread. It uses a new and unsupported
Conexant chip which is not supported. Essentially it's a PVR-150 and
HD tuner combined - some people who have purchased the PVR-150 have
found the HVR-1600 in the box as Hauppauge were short of PVR-150
stock, and on Windows, it doesn't make a difference as it's supported.
Current wisdom for Linux users however is to steer clear for the time

MythTV Official wiki:
MythTV users list archive: